Phoenix R/C Pro Simulator V5.5 with DXe (RTM55R1000)
Whenever weather, schedules or circumstances conspire to keep you from the flying field, scratch your flying itch with the latest Phoenix Professional RC Flight Simulator, version 5.0. Stunning graphics and incredibly realistic physics have made the Phoenix simulator not only one of the best desktop flight simulators, but a virtual RC experience with just about all the benefits of an RC club and flying field. This newest version features definitively refined physics plus new companion software you can use to create your own models, fly them and then share them online. It’s always a perfect time to fly with the Phoenix Professional RC Flight Simulator.
Phoenix is the incredibly popular worldwide RC simulator that lets you master this complex and rewarding hobby in the comfort of your own home. Whether you are a brand new pilot picking up your first trainer model, or a seasoned veteran practicing for your next big competition, Phoenix has everything you need to take your skills to the next level. Blending incredibly life-like and accurate model physics with beautiful cutting-edge graphics and a multitude of unique features, Phoenix is a fantastic package for beginners and professional model pilots alike.
CREATE YOUR OWN MODELS
Included software lets you import 3D geometry definitions from almost any 3D design program to fly them, then share online.
EASY MODEL EDITING
The improved model editing system lets you completely control each models flight characteristics in detail with ease.
ALL MODELS AND SITES ARE FREE
Hundreds of models and a wide range of flying sites are included with free downloads available as additional scenery and aircraft are available. No expansion packs required.
AUTHENTIC AIRCRAFT AND TECHNOLOGY
Phoenix 5 is the only RC sim with authentic Horizon Hobby aircraft simulations including the innovations they feature such as AS3X® and SAFE™ technology.
Whether you’re learning to fly without harsh consequences or just trying out that Blade heli you have had your eye on, the InfinityScape 3D landscape generator lets you fly beyond the horizon over beautiful, ever-changing terrain that you create and control.
- Improved airplane physics rebuilt from the ground up, plus industry-leading heli physics, provide ultimate realism and accuracy
- Companion software lets you import 3D geometry definitions from almost any program so that you can fly creations of your own, then share online
- Improved model editing system lets you completely control each models flight characteristics in detail
- The most authentic simulations of Horizon Hobby® RC aircraft including the innovations they feature such as AS3X® and SAFE™ technology
- All aircraft flying sites and feature downloads are FREE
- Over 200 accurately modeled and detailed helis, airplanes, float planes, autogyros and more included
- In-cockpit and chase camera views give you a wide range of flight perspectives
- Realistic sounds recorded from actual model engines
- Dozens of beautiful sites include a range of exotic locations from around the world using high-definition Photofield technology that make it feel like you’re right there
- Internet/LAN multiplayer mode with voice-chat lets you fly and learn from other pilots around the world
- Tutorial videos taught by world-class champion pilots
- Windows 10 Compatible
New V5.5 Features
- Brand-new updated and improved airplane physics, attributes and new tuning parameters
- Improved SAFE autopilot physics and modes
- Multiplayer improvements and fixes:
- "Enable model collision" option now functions correctly in multiplayer mode
- Fixed an issue with some models not appearing under the Model > Select menu (e.g. Apache, Huey, etc)
- The Autopilot Mode function can now be assigned and controlled correctly with a keyboard key
- DXe control profile added
- Panic Mode and Autopilot Mode added to the Simple View under the System > Your Controls menu
- Return Home/Auto-land SAFE modes now use ailerons when activated
- Several airplane models tuned
- Several tweaks to airplanes physics:
- Ground looping reduced
- New Stall Speed attribute
- Fixed an issue with "Use Field Weather" option on slope-soaring sites
- More friction on ground
- Fixed a rare issue with program crashing on startup
- Holding Pattern triggered by Electronic Fence can now be cancelled by Panic Mode switch
- Delta Ray model now takes off more easily
- More torque when hovering
To successfully use Phoenix, you will need the following:
- IBM-compatible PC computer with 1.0 GHz Pentium 3/4 or AMD Athlon/64 compatible processor or better • Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10 operating system
- 256MB system memory (RAM)
- 1.5 GB free, uncompressed hard-disk space
- ATI Radeon 9800/NVidia Geforce Ti4200 with at least 128MB memory or better
- Microsoft DirectX 9.0c or higher
- DVD-ROM Drive for installation
- 1 free USB 1.1/2.0 port
- 100% DirectX 9 compatible sound card (optional)
- An Intel-based Apple Macintosh computer running Microsoft Windows XP, Vista or 7 with the above specifications under one of the following systems:
- More information on using Bootcamp can be found on the Apple website.
- Phoenix does not run on older non-Intel Macintosh computers, or the Apple OSX operating system.
Adapters may be required depending on the transmitter you wish to use.
- All JR (No adapter required)
- Spektrum DX4e/DX6/DX6i/DX7/DX7s/DX8/DX10T/DX18 (No adapter required) - Note: The DX7se is not compatible with the simulator.
- Spektrum DX5e older-style with SIDE training port (Adapter required, RTMASPMDX5E)
- Spektrum DX5e new-style with REAR training port (no adapter required)
- All Futaba (Futaba round or square adapter required, RTMAFUTRND or RTMAFUTSQ)
- Futaba FX-18 with 2.5mm stereo training port (FX-18 adapter required, RTMAFUTFX18)
- Hitec Aurora (no adapter required)
- All Hitec except Aurora (Hitec adapter required, RTMAFUTRND)
- All Multiplex (Multiplex adapter required, RTMAMULTI)
- All Airtronics/Sanwa RD and RDS series (Sanwa adapter required) (RTMAAIRSAN)
- E-sky ETB41 2.4GHz (no adapter required)
- Other E-sky (Mini-DIN adapter required, RTMAMINIDIN)
- Co-Pilot (Mini-DIN adapter required, RTMAMINIDIN)
- Blade CX, CP, CP+, CP Pro (Mini-DIN adapter required, RTMAMINIDIN)
- Blade CX2, CX3, CP Pro 2, Blade SR (no adapter required)
- ParkZone Transmitters with training jack (DX5e adapter required, RTMASPMDX5E)
- Art-tech 100B (No adapter required)
- Art-tech 100C (Art-tech 100C adapter required, RTMAARTWALK)
- Walkera 2401, 2601 (Using MINI-DIN adapter supplied with transmitter)
- Walkera 2402, 2602, 2801 (Adapter required, RTMAARTWALK)
- All Graupner MC/MX (no adapter required) - ** MC-series requires "DSC Interface" Accessory **
Please note that the following transmitters are not supported:
- No USB controller devices/joysticks
- Spektrum DX7 "SE" version (This radio has no training output for R/C simulators)
- Hobbyzone transmitters and any transmitter included with ParkZone or E-Flite Ultra Micro products
- All Walkera except 2401, 2402, 2601, 2602 and 2801 (see above)
- Any other transmitter without a compatible training port